Welcome to the Green Apartment!

UPDATE: Due to some major life-stuff (you know the stuff), I've been neglectful of The Green Apartment. Fear not! I'm in the process of getting The Green Apartment up and running again! Check back again soon!

ABOUT THE GREEN APARTMENT: I truly believe that the choices consumers make have the power to promote real environmental change. My focus is on products you can use - and bring with you when your journey moves on.

Have you used any of these products or do you know of some that I have missed? Drop me a line on Twitter!

Friday, August 6, 2010

What is Green Beauty?

Birchbox.com (a netflix-style beauty company with a number of green partners like Tarte Cosmetics) has teamed up with Exhale MindBodySpa to offer a few words of wisdom:
We gave up plastic water bottles long ago, but we are still trying to get used to non-foaming natural shampoos and powdery toothpastes. Going green isn’t easy, and it’s hard to even know where to start. We called on expert Caitlin Conn, the skincare director at the eco-chic Exhale MindBodySpa, for advice. Conn is constantly auditioning new lines and she’s incredibly picky – “I can usually just tell from the ingredients whether I’ll use a product or not.”
Visit Birchbox.com for their "no-stress primer to natural beauty," for tips on how to:
  1. Define Green
  2. Spot Red Flag Ingredients
  3. Say Bye-bye to SLS and Other Villains
  4. Be Green and Efficacious

No comments: