Welcome to the Green Apartment!

UPDATE: Due to some major life-stuff (you know the stuff), I've been neglectful of The Green Apartment. Fear not! I'm in the process of getting The Green Apartment up and running again! Check back again soon!

ABOUT THE GREEN APARTMENT: I truly believe that the choices consumers make have the power to promote real environmental change. My focus is on products you can use - and bring with you when your journey moves on.

Have you used any of these products or do you know of some that I have missed? Drop me a line on Twitter!

Thursday, August 5, 2010

Farmers Markets are Blooming Nationwide

Food for thought (sorry!) while I get The Green Apt growing again:

Grist Graph
According to a Grist article, the number of farmers markets nationwide has jumped 16% in the last year. Depending on where you are, this may mean more opportunities for you to stock your kitchen in a more earth-friendly manner:

"You can find a market near you via the Eat Well Guide, LocalHarvest, or USDA. And if there isn't one? The USDA has guides for how to start a farmers market, for the truly ambitious."

No comments: