Welcome to the Green Apartment!

UPDATE: Due to some major life-stuff (you know the stuff), I've been neglectful of The Green Apartment. Fear not! I'm in the process of getting The Green Apartment up and running again! Check back again soon!

ABOUT THE GREEN APARTMENT: I truly believe that the choices consumers make have the power to promote real environmental change. My focus is on products you can use - and bring with you when your journey moves on.

Have you used any of these products or do you know of some that I have missed? Drop me a line on Twitter!

Thursday, April 30, 2009

Heavy Duty Scouring Scrub

I recently spent a week cleaning out my father's house with a couple of friends. Each of us identifies as a "Green" person, but felt, due to the state of the home, that we may have to sacrifice our normal green standards for performance.

In the end, I admit, we did break down and use mainstream products for some of our most difficult tasks. It made me feel extremely guilty. I wish I had had time to do research on a better alternative!

Today, I stumbled upon a blog posting for Scour Off Heavy Duty Paste.

According to Karen Hanrahan of Best of Mother Earth:
Got something really tough to scour off ?? Try a cleaning paste that smells a little like something between bubble gum and cherry Kool-Aid. Gentle in that it won't scratch, but mighty in that it works really well!

Every single person I know who I have shared this product with is equally astounded by it. You need a very small amount to get the job done. Pick your very toughest stain and let this green alternative scouring paste take it on!!
It does appear as if Karen gets a piece of the action over at Shaklee [the header includes the text: Karen Hanrahan Mentoring YOU to Health Success! ~ 708.482.0678], so I'll order some of the cleansing paste for my upcoming move, and let you know what I think!

Update: In my research today, I've come upon a few more posts containing products being recommended and sold by Ms. Hanrahan. If you're interested in more of the products she's selling, see her blog about tub cleaning, No More Ring Around the Bathtub.

No comments: