Welcome to the Green Apartment!

UPDATE: Due to some major life-stuff (you know the stuff), I've been neglectful of The Green Apartment. Fear not! I'm in the process of getting The Green Apartment up and running again! Check back again soon!

ABOUT THE GREEN APARTMENT: I truly believe that the choices consumers make have the power to promote real environmental change. My focus is on products you can use - and bring with you when your journey moves on.

Have you used any of these products or do you know of some that I have missed? Drop me a line on Twitter!

Wednesday, November 7, 2007

LIVING ROOM: Organic Flower Delivery

Organic Flower Delivery. I have always found some way to celebrate Thanksgiving with my family. This year, however, with the cost of oil dramatically affecting travel prices, and my job search affecting my own travel budget, it doesn't look like I'll be able to make it back home. So while I will be making my own delicious meal (try making this yummy pumpkin bread recipe using organic ingredients), I'm going to make sure that my family has a little treat of their own.

My big plan? I'm going to send them an edible organic Six Herb Wreath from Organic Bouquet. I've sent flowers and plants from Organic Bouquet in the past, and they always arrive as ordered, on time, and their products cost about the same as those of other flower delivery services. Many of their Charitable Bouquets even benefit nonprofit organizations such as The Nature Conservancy.

Of course, delivery uses its own share of fuel, but shopping from sustainable companies supports the entire green market, and as the supply grows, it should bring down prices.

No comments: