Welcome to the Green Apartment!

UPDATE: Due to some major life-stuff (you know the stuff), I've been neglectful of The Green Apartment. Fear not! I'm in the process of getting The Green Apartment up and running again! Check back again soon!

ABOUT THE GREEN APARTMENT: I truly believe that the choices consumers make have the power to promote real environmental change. My focus is on products you can use - and bring with you when your journey moves on.

Have you used any of these products or do you know of some that I have missed? Drop me a line on Twitter!

Friday, November 2, 2007

BEDROOM: Recycled/Recyclable Fleece

Patagonia Synchilla Marsupial. I had the chance to meet Patagonia's founder, Yvon Chouinard after a lecture for my graduate program a couple of years ago, and while he is not the most polished public speaker I have ever heard, his message was truly inspiring. This pullover is a good example of his good works. The 100% Polyester shirt is made of 85% recycled fleece, and is itself 100% recyclable through Patagonia's Common Threads program.

Another example of the impact of the dollars spent on this shirt - and every product at Patagonia - is that 1% of sales (not just profits) go to Chouinard's spin-off nonprofit:
1% For The Planet. Many other companies have pledged a portion of their revenues as well. Check it out.

1 comment:

Tripura Korlipara said...

I have seen some reviews on Patagonia's fleece jacket at SustainLane http://www.sustainlane.com/reviews/recycled-fleece-jacket/SDNVKWNKTK3SJ4ICXYWVUSX7BQ9H