Welcome to the Green Apartment!

UPDATE: Due to some major life-stuff (you know the stuff), I've been neglectful of The Green Apartment. Fear not! I'm in the process of getting The Green Apartment up and running again! Check back again soon!

ABOUT THE GREEN APARTMENT: I truly believe that the choices consumers make have the power to promote real environmental change. My focus is on products you can use - and bring with you when your journey moves on.

Have you used any of these products or do you know of some that I have missed? Drop me a line on Twitter!

Tuesday, October 16, 2007

KITCHEN: Composters


Happy Farmer Kitchen Composter by SCD. Electricity-Free Odor-Free Indoor Composter. Once full, product is sealed airtight for four weeks to create plant food. Made of 75% Recycled Plastic soda bottles and EM ceramics. Capacity: 5 liquid gallons. Requires Bokashi Compost Starter. Price: $41.70 + $9.45 for Compost Starter [Oct 16, 2007]



NatureMill Plus Automatic Composter. Energy Efficient Odor-Free
Indoor Composter. Food and paper waste may be added at any time,
on any day, with fresh compost created every two weeks. This product
is on my wish-list, and there are reviews available. Made of recycled stainless steel and food-grade recycled polyethylene. Capacity: 120lb/month. Price: $299 [Nov 13, 2007]

No comments: